Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Marian Cross is back, bitches! (not really)

Finally! The new D. Gray Man chapter has been released (here), and it's an extra story about Allen when he first met Marian Cross. Before I get into the juicy plot bits, I just want to congratulate Marian Cross on his reappearance in the manga! He hasn't been getting that many panels ever since he disappeared, but he's back and looking even sexier than before! (Of course, this doesn't mean he's back in the current plot of DGM; I still don't know if he's dead or not, but he finally does gets some screen time panel time!) I just noticed how spoiler-y that was. Sorry.

Click on me for the enlarged, bursting with sexy version!
I even went to the trouble of creating a collage of infinite badassed-ry and sexiness. Fuck. I love it when guys put their hair in ponytails. (I apologize to any straight men who may be reading this post xD)

/end fangirl

---------------------------Spoilers ahead!!!--------------------------------

This chapter was certainly interesting. It gave a completely new perspective on the polite, kindhearted Allen Walker that I know and love. It showed how much of a monster he had been from the very beginning; the audience/readers just never knew it. 

When I first found out that he was truly a Noah, I figured Allen just never knew about it. He had lived his whole life hiding it and had never gone through the Noah transformation that everyone else had. This chapter showed that that wasn't true. He did in fact go through the Noah transformation, but he had completely forgot about it, whether it be from shock or something else entirely. It was very strange seeing a character I thought I knew so well, someone I had perceived to be so nice and lovable, to be going through so much pain and acting so rabidly. I also thought from the very beginning of the series that it'd be interesting if the order got to a Noah before the Earl did and managed to coerce him into joining them. I never imagined that the main character had done just that. 

I'm a little disappointed in the order for deeming Allen an enemy in the last chapter. He would've made an extremely powerful ally, though he could also destroy them from inside...a double-edged sword?

The chapter concluded with a cliffhanger that had me hungry for more. Of course, the chapters take a whole two fucking months to be printed, so I will probably have long forgotten about anything that happened in this chapter by the time the next one comes out. Come on, Hoshino Katsura! If you're going to release every two months, at least make the chapter longer than the standard twenty pages!! Make it a double issue! I'm begging you!!

Anyway, D. Gray Man has just become much more captivating, and I think this chapter started the beginning of the end. The manga seems fairly close to the conclusion. I just wonder how long Hoshino Katsura is planning on dragging this out...


And they better extend the anime once the manga is all done!!! 


Not from Chapter 206, but still HNNNNNG- Oh, and look at that uniform. Fucking awesome.