Sunday, June 26, 2011

After years of searching, I have finally found him - my husbando

Before I reveal the 2-dimensional man that has stolen my heart, I would like to mention that I understand the difference between the real world and the one of anime. I do not hope that I can marry this character or have sex with him because he is not real. However, it has become a trend to pick a waifu/husbando from the 2D realm and declare them your virtual partner. In my mind, this character must fit only two criteria. One, he cannot be underage. That's just gross. I love quite a few young men in anime, but I'm not going for a seven year old boy. This isn't Boku no Pico. Secondly, I must love the character wholeheartedly, and by that, I mean that whenever I see him I just want to scream, "HELL FUCKING YEAH." Oh, and he has to be kind blah-blah-blah, but that's not really important.

Well, this was pretty predictable considering he's the adopted mascot for my blog, but it's Gintoki from Gintama.
Gintoki is bringing sexy back... just look at those abs
Now, why is this man the perfect husbando? Well, not only is he hilarious and sarcastic, but he is wise and has a strong sense of justice. He is lazy most of the time, but understands when help is needed and will do anything for something he believes in (basically, he's your typical shonen MC, except he can be lazy as fuck and even makes fun of the shonen tropes). He's basically me except older, a man, and a samurai. Plus, we both understand the importance of strawberry milk in our daily diets.

He is my favorite anime male, in other words, my husbando.

Other stuff I love about Gintoki
  • He's 177 cm. which is about 5'8". He's not that tall for a guy, but he's taller than me (I'm 5'5"). I like my men tall. 
  • He has silver hair. For some odd reason, I absolutely love anyone with white hair in anime. Hell, even in the real world, I'm attracted to men with their hair dyed white. Sadly, there is rarely a man daring enough to dye his hair such a brave color. 
  • I'm a Taurus (well, I'm actually a Gemini, too. I was born on the cusp between the two) and he's a Libra. Destined. (Oh God, I sounded really creepy right there, didn't I? xD)
  • He loves Shonen Jump and often makes comments about different manga in the show. I have heard countless references, but there are some I remember him making vividly; those being Hunger x Hunger (Hunter x Hunter), One Park (One Piece), Dragon Bouzu (Dragon Balls), and Bleach. I am also a shonen freak, so it was pretty funny watching all these parodies and his comments on the other shows. 
  • He's a pervert. 
MORE PICTURES:






And hey if you love Gintoki too, I'm totally up for sharing. ;)

Do you have a waifu or husbando? If so, why do you love them?

Oh, and before I get comments saying these things I will answer them myself.
"Get a life!"
It's alright; I already have one. :)

"Forever alone."
Forever a scone.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"
Nope, but I have several male friends. Even ones who don't like anime.

"Are you a hikikomori?"
Nope.

"This is really sad."
Don't waste your tears on me.