Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Notable AMV Editors: localxraven

Before I became obsessed with anime blogging and anime nano, I was into checking my Youtube and making AMVs. If you check my Youtube account, milkis13 (the account name I use for practically everything), you'll find some lame videos made with iMovie. I don't know if you care or not, but I did end up upgrading to Sony Vegas. I made some AMVs with that, but I never uploaded them because they were too short. I'm sure that during the summer, my passion for AMV editing will suddenly rekindle itself, and I'll be updating my Youtube account on a regular basis (read: I'll get around to it eventually, if ever). Truth is, I've always wanted to submit an AMV into a convention's contest, so I'll definitely do that in the near future. I just really need an external hard drive. My original 298 GB has dwindled down to a measly 23. Not good.

Anyway, my point is I really loved AMVs; I still do. In this new post segment of mine, I want to introduce and honor some really talented editors. 

So without further ado, I bring you localxraven!

I have posted some of my favorite videos of hers below. :)


Anime used: Hetalia
Couple: US x UK
Song: Rubik's Cube by Athlete
Thoughts: This is a perfect example of less is more. The simplistic editing fits the song perfectly. The entire video is only a minute long, but it certainly packs a punch. :)


Anime used: Sword of the Stranger, True Tears, Junjou Romantica, Pandora Hearts, Kuroshitsuji II, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Song: an audio clip (idk what it's from)
Thoughts: This is probably my absolute favorite AMV of hers. The flow of the video is fantastic, and the first time I saw it, I was moved. It's simply a beautiful video to an inspiring audio clip. I love it. 


Anime used: Hetalia
Focus: Russia and USA
Song: Fuck You by Archive 
Thoughts: It seems like every song I hear from her videos, I immediately want to download. I think that's rather strange. Anyway, I love this simple but impactful editing. It goes perfectly with this mellow song. 

Anime used: Hetalia
Focus: Characters fit what language is in the song
Song: The Foreign Language Song by Andrew Gunadie (gunnarolla)
Thoughts: Somehow, I  find this song strangely sexy even though the majority of the song is about sauerkraut in your lederhosen. Germany seems pretty okay with it, too. It's almost like he's getting turned on by the sauerkraut in his pants. xD



Anime used: Kuroshitsuji I & II
Focus: Ciel & Alois and their hardships
Song: Audio clip from uhhh... something
Thoughts: I don't know what the audio is from, but it's definitely touching. Most of the clips she used go really well with the quote.