Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Anime Central wishlist

I am so incredibly excited to go to Anime Central 2011 which also falls on my birthday. Seriously, what are the chances of having your birthday on Saturday, the most exciting middle day of the convention, at one of America's largest cons?! There's only about 10 days until my family and I make the six hour journey to Chicago, and I can't wait. 


I have to find a way to vent this overwhelming excitement, so I'm going to list all the things I hope to find at ACen. It may seem like a long list, but a guarantee you that I won't find nor buy half of the items on the list. I'm just hoping that I'll see some of these items there and get a chance to purchase them.

DVDs

  • Xam'd - It's produced by BONES, the masters behind Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Soul Eater; I've only heard great things about it, especially in the animation department. Then again, smooth, slick animation is to be expected of a talented studio such as BONES.
  • Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)  - I watched this more than a year ago and liked it a lot. Now that it's finally out on DVD, I thought I would buy it, but it's SUPER expensive. I'm not willing to pay $60 for 7 episodes. That's a total ripoff. I'm patiently waiting for the whole series to be released and the price to drop.
  •  Tekkon Kinkreet - Holy shit, guys. What is up with the spastic animation? I fucking love it.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood part 5 -  It's coming out in June 2011 apparently, so I'll have to wait, but THESE EPISODES ARE THE BEST. Ohmigod. I need to buy this as soon as it hits the shelves. 
  • Bamboo Blade - Someone somewhere said this was good. I probably will never buy it, though. 
  • Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card - I saw this on shelves at Ohayocon, but it was so crowded, and I was being rushed out of the Dealer's Room anyway, so I didn't have time to buy it. >.< I heard it was really good, though, and I love Cardcaptor Sakura.
  • Tokyo Majin - It's SAVE, so it's only, like, $20 which is REALLY FUCKING CHEAP. Speaking on SAVE anime, I can not believe that I picked up Ookiku Furikabutte, an awesome 24 episode series about baseball, for only $25. I nearly shat myself because of how great the deal was. 
  • Millennium Actress - (Yes, I did have to check how to spell Millennium) I love Satoshi Kon and his work. RIP, one of the best anime directors/producers in history. 
  • KARAS - I had this on Netflix, but I fell asleep while watching it. Not that it was boring or anything... I had just watched Perfect Blue (fantastic movie btw) and I was tiiiiired. It has hot guys and cool animation, so I'll probably end up buying it or renting it on Netflix again. 
  • ANYTHING REALLY CHEAP. I love sifting through those bins of $5 anime DVDs. They are usually crap quality and don't have real cases, but what the hell? They're $5
Manga

  • D. Gray-man - I love Hoshino Katsura's art so freakin much. I already bought her artbook, and it's amazing. I just love artbooks in general, though they're expensive as fuck. 
  • Skip Beat! - I've been wanting to read the manga for a while. I've already seen the anime, but it had one of those wink-wink-nudge-nudge-read-the-fucking-manga endings that I find really annoying. I usually don't read the manga when that happens, although I do get really pissed off about it. Normally, I'll go read the most current chapters and end up spoiling myself thoroughly. Skip Beat is different, though. I actually really want to read the manga. 
  • Bleach volume 32 - HOLY FUCK, GRIMMJOW. 
  • Dogs: Bullets and Carnage - You should feel ashamed if you don't know this badass manga.
  • One Piece - I love this series a ton, and I've heard some fans say that the manga is better than the anime. If I thought the anime was amazing, I wonder what I'd think of the "better" manga. Then again, I'm not much of a manga person in the first place. I probably won't end up buying any of the manga listed here. 
Everything else
  • Otome Games - It is my dream to play these in Japanese.
  • Persona 4 - Persona 3 was awesome, and 4 looks even more epic than its predecessor.
  • Drama CDs or an Anime Soundtrack - I have yet to find one that I like, but I'll keep on the lookout. 
  • J-Music CDs - They're expensive, but worth it. I downloaded the NEWS CDs, and since then, I've had an uncanny obsession with J-pop and J-rock. I want to discover some new bands and possibly buy some posters. Mostly, I just love how exotic and cool the Japanese CDs are compared to American ones. 
  • One Piece Color Walk - Again, I love One Piece and it's art, so I'd really love to buy the art book. I was going to buy it at Ohayocon, but for some reason I decided not to...
  • Cute t-shirts with chibis on them or ones with hiragana on them
  • Buttons - I collect them... kind of...
  • Hiragana poster 
  • Cute key chains - Not really looking for these... I do really want one of those key chains where you click it and a VA speaks back to you. Specifically, I'd want Zoro because 1) Nakai Kazuya and 2) HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.
  • Figurine - I have yet to buy a legit one, and I really want to... Some that I had in mind: Luka (Vocaloid), Gintoki (Gintama), Allen Walker (D. Gray Man),  or a Luffy nendoroid (One Piece). It all depends on what's there, though. 
  • Cute pillows, although I already have a lot. 
  • Cups or mugs 
  • Pocky - I'm always so disappointed because I've heard stories of some really wacky Pocky flavors in Japan, and yet the only ones found in the conventions are chocolate, strawberry, and maybe nut which is boring. I want something exotic...
  • Fanart posters - There was no fanart at Ohayocon, so I'm really looking forward to raiding the Artist's Alley (ACen has biggest in America!) and buying lots of prints. 
  • Cell phone chains - I think I've discovered a place to put them on my smart phone. I've always wanted a phone that I could put them on... alas...
Other things I'm looking forward to doing
  • Telling people that it's my birthday and trying to get them to lower prices.
  • Panels. I didn't go to many at Ohayocon, so I want to make sure that I make a lot of panels this time. 
  • Taking videos + pics of cosplayers and interacting with them
  • Going into the rave
  • Seeing FLOW live 
I am really, really excited. Let me know if you are also going. Maybe we could meet up?