Tuesday, May 31, 2011

200 Episodes in One Month Results

I know I said it would come to a close on June 1st (click here for the original challenge proclamation), but it's May 31st, and I sincerely don't believe that anything I say or watch today will make a difference.

OH DEAR LORD. I FAILED SO HARD.

I ended up watching only 57 episodes this month. That's about 30% of my original goal. That is fucking depressing.

I may sound over dramatic, but I'm kind of disappointed. I wanted to watch a lot of episodes this month and speed through Gintama, but I suppose I just didn't have the time or effort needed to sit down and watch multiple episodes of Gintama a day. I'm only on episode 97. I still have more than a hundred to go.

Why am I so fucking slow when watching anime compared to last year when I speedily devoured several episodes a day? Last May I watched 184 episodes (I've been keeping track of these things for a long time. I have an obsession with statistics, esp when involving my other hobbies). That's almost three times as much as I watched this month. It's also only 16 away from hitting 200, whereas this time I was 143 away.

That's a huge fucking gap. It's a colossal fucking canyon in difference.

First, before I make any sort of half-assed resolution, I'll give some reasons behind my huge decline in anime-watching.

  • I have a shitload of more homework and school related responsibilities than last year. There's been so many tests and projects that it has been making my head spin. 
  • A few months ago I got out of the habit of marathoning anime obsessively. I've been trying to get back into that mind frame, but it doesn't seem to be working with all the school work I've had.
  • This blog. A lot of my time goes to making sure a blog post is released almost every day. 
SO, my new goal for the month of June is to watch 200 episodes (this time I will reach it), and I have some ways to getting there that should prove to be pretty rewarding:

  1. STOP GIVING A SHIT. I'm a straight A student who finds it very difficult to simply dismiss a test or some HW. I often stress myself out trying to finish HW or some project in time. Well... I'm literally in the last week of school, and I'm desperately trying to make myself not care. There's still so much that has to be done; I just need to convince myself that hey, it's the last week or so of school... You can blow off that project! Who's gonna fucking care? That is why I am determined to get home one day this week and literally watch anime from the time I walk in the door to the time I go to bed. 
  2. It will be summer time, and that means staying up late and watching anime until my eyes bleed and my limbs turn to jello. 


Okay, now I am fucking ready.

Just let me finish that one German project that I've been putting off for a month...