Sunday, April 17, 2011

What happened to Gintoki in the past?

I literally just finished episode 42 of Gintama, and I've been wondering for quite a while now...

What exactly is the elusive Gintoki's past?

I know that he fought in the Amanto war, but I know nothing of his relations with Katsura or that guy with the bandages over his eye (his name escapes me). All I know is that they were war buddies from long ago.

I do know that his past will be tragic in some way. Just look at the screencaps I pulled from episode 42, hinting at Gintoki's lack of family.

He's talking to Kagura's dad
I WANT TO KNOW SO BADLY IT HURTS.

I know I'm not that far into the series, but does Gintoki's past ever get revealed?

I've googled it, but the first page brought no results back.

GINTOKI, WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST??

I bet it will be something really depressing, befitting of a main character such as he.