Saturday, April 23, 2011

First Impressions: AnoHana

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day) Anybody notice that anime titles are getting increasingly longer these days? 
Synopsis: The main character wants to bring all of his old friends together after drifting apart for a long time.
Thoughts: Before I start blabbering, I want to say with complete sincerity that this show has incredible art, and the moe used throughout this episode is done in a way that doesn't seem forced at all. The girl with the white hair came off as really cute and only a tad bit annoying. I actually thought she was really beautiful; those clear sky blue eyes and that white dress which kind of makes her look like a ghost fit her surprisingly well.
How can you say no to this? x3
Everything about the art and animation is like a breath of fresh air. There's no still frames, and the animation is consistently moving gracefully. I love it.

The plot hasn't had a lot of time to develop but it has already pulled me in. I want to know more. I have so many questions that I can't wait to see answered. All of the characters are still so mysterious, and there's a lot of unraveling to be done.

Looks like a fun ride!

WcDonald's!
Potential: 90%


For those who have seen the episode already:
Why is he hallucinating about Menma so long after her death? Why now of all times, or has it always been that way? Why did he suddenly figure out that he needed to apologize to her now? Shouldn't he have noticed that long ago? That's the only thing that I thought was illogical. Not a big problem, though.