Thursday, March 10, 2011

Episodical Reviews and why they're boring

1. They're hard as hell to write. 
Finding something interesting to say about every single episode of an anime is very difficult, and episode reviews will reflect that. Responding to a particular episode should only be done when there's something in particular they want to rave or rage about.

2. THEY CAN BE REALLY BORING.
I think this may be the main reason why I hate them so much. Unless the blogger or writer is a hilarious comedian, chances are the episode review will go something like this:
"Megumi went to the store and saw Sora there. They talked a bit and discovered their love for each other. This episode was good. I like when the animation is good. The animation here was nice." 
FUCKING BORING, RIGHT? I'M PRACTICALLY SNORING RIGHT NOW. 

3. If you don't keep up with the current season, you have no earthly idea as to what everyone is talking about.
This really only applies to lazy people such as myself. I read episode reviews simply out of dedication  to a particular blog, and I have no idea what they're talking about. :(

4. ALL THE BLOGGERS WRITE ABOUT THAT ONE EPISODE. 
It can be really annoying to look at a lot of different blogs and see the same exact episode reviewed on each. Most of them spend the majority of the review summarizing the episode anyway...

5. SO MANY SCREENSHOTS. 
I'm practically watching the episode by just looking at all the screenshots on the blog.  It ruins the experience and spoils many of the currently airing shows that I was planning to watch. AND HOLY CRAP, ALL THAT SCROLLING.

CONCLUSION:
I WILL NEVER WRITE EPISODE REVIEWS. THEY ARE JUST A PAIN IN THE ASS AND I WILL AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS. 

Okay, so now you know what to expect out of my blog. Enjoy~