Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How a non-pokemon fan was converted

Before we went on vacation, I went to Best Buy with my brother in search of something that would keep me entertained on the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng plane ride (I'm talking 6 hours plus layovers).

I really wanted to buy Ace Attorney because my friends are always talking about it. 
One will shout: OBJECTION!! (of course, while making a grand pointing gesture)
and the other will reply: NOT SO FAST!! 
and here I am sitting in the middle like a HURR a DURR "who in the hell is Miles Edgeworth and why does he have rufflies?"

ALAS, I did not find the game in the DS aisle (not so much of an aisle as it is a shelf :/). Quick side note: The DS games at Best Buy are barely in any alphabetical order. I'm over in the B's when suddenly I find Pony Parade or some shit. Pisses me off. 

The anime section is always the worst. 

I called Best Buy literally right before my brother and I left. This is how the conversation went:
Me: Could you read off some of the anime titles you have, please?
Best Buy bitch #1: There's over 150 titles... Is there anything you want in particular?
Me: *names a few things... she says all of them are unavailable* Well, you could please just read off some of the stuff you DO have. 
Best Buy Bitch #1: *tells me she put a game of Pokemon black & white on hold b/c my bro wanted it then promptly hangs up* 

So I call again. This time I got a different bitch.
Me: How many anime shelves do you have? How big is the selection?
Best Buy bitch #2: We have about 12 shelves.
Me: Wow! Really? You mean columns right? Up and down? Vertical shelves?
Best Buy bitch #2: Yes. It's a large selection. 
Me: *thanks her and hangs up*

Get to Best Buy:
-the Pokemon games that bitch numero uno said were "almost out" are actually very abundant. There was TONS of games.
-the anime selection was REALLY FUCKING SMALL. Three vertical columns. NOT TWELVE. AND ALL THE DVDS WERE STACKED WITH THE COVER FACING OUTWARDS SO ONE DVD WOULD TAKE UP MORE ROOM. PISSES ME OFF, DAMNIT. 
-some of the things bitch #1 said weren't available were on the shelves. I was pleasantly surprised, but it doesn't change the fact that she has NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON IN HER STORE. 

Anyway, allow me to get to the point of this post. 

My bro ended up convincing me to buy Pokemon black. I really don't know how he did it. Maybe, in the end, I just wanted to please him. Regardless, I did buy it, and I can say after many hours of nonstop obsessional use, it's a very fun game. I used to think Pokemon was really lame, but it's not. It's actually really awesome. :)

The last bit of convincing I needed went out like this:
Me: Bro, why should I buy Pokemon? I'm not much of a gamer...
Bro: Sis, it's not JUST a game. It's a fucking adventure.

Well, how can I resist that? 

Posts = 2/365 Days 2/365